In an earlier post here I discussed in length as to what happened when I confronted Sean Brennan of London After Midnight about playing Cruel World Festival. To be fair I wrote the same exact email to a few other bands playing it as well. In the back of my mind I just knew that Sean Brennan’s ego would get the better of him and he would respond. Bingo!!! For literally decades he’s been known as being kind of an asshole so I had fun with him and bounced. In reality I actually don’t blame many of the bands for playing the gig because so many bands went broke during the pandemic.
So what is getting my panties in a bunch? People who claim to support black lives and immigrants are paying to see Morrissey, a musician who has been proven time and time again to be a racist, classist and just an all around terrible excuse of a human being. I’ll give you time to think about the sheer hypocrisy of it all for a few minutes. Got it? Okay, let us proceed.
I know that some people don’t genuinely know all about the crap he has said over the years, so I am not talking about them. A lot of teens and young adults will just take an artist for their word without understanding that some of them can be very bad people if you just scratch their skin and look underneath. However, those who do know about all of his bullshit and still went to see him anyway deserve a ton of negative attention because apparently supporting a known racist musician is just peachy-keen because he made music in the 80’s.
I can hear you asking what the heck did Morrissey say to piss me, and other leftists, off so much. Well, here you go! Enjoy the ride of racist quotes, vegan insanity and not believing sexual assault victims! Still pay to see him after knowing all of this? Piss off and fuck your feelings.
- Of the Norway massacre in which 77 people died, Morrissey heralds to a Warsaw crowd, “That is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried shit every day.”
- Discussing animal cruelty in China: Morrissey tells the Guardian, “You can’t help but feel that the Chinese people are a subspecies.”
- “If you have any concern for animal welfare, for example, you cannot possibly vote for either Conservatives or Labour, because both parties support halal slaughter, which, as we all know, is evil. Furthermore, halal slaughter requires certification that can only be given by supporters of ISIS, and yet in England we have halal meat served in hospitals and schools!”
- On the far-right political party For Britain: “For Britain seem to say what many British people are currently thinking, which is why the BBC or Channel 4 News will not acknowledge them, because, well, For Britain would change British politics forever.”
- On acid attacks: “London is second only to Bangladesh for acid attacks. All of the attacks are non-white, and so they cannot be truthfully addressed by the British government or the Met Police or the BBC because of political correctness. What this means is that the perpetrator is considered to be as much of a victim as the actual victim.”
- On immigration: “Although I don’t have anything against people from other countries, the higher the influx into England the more the British identity disappears.
- On Kevin Spacey: “As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26, boy 14… When you are in somebody’s bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to. That’s why it does not sound very credible to me. It seems to me that Spacey has been attacked unnecessarily.”
- On reggae music: “The most racist music in the entire world… an absolute total glorification of black supremacy.”
- On Brexit: “As for Brexit, the result was magnificent, but it is not accepted by the BBC or Sky News because they object to a public that cannot be hypnotised by BBC or Sky nonsense.”
- On Nigel Farage: “I nearly voted for Ukip. I like Nigel Farage a great deal.”
All of these quotes are available on multiple websites, so if you want to explore Morrissey being a racist wanker you can just Google ‘Morrissey racist quotes’ and tons of sites will pop-up. I really hope this opened your eyes to who Morrissey really is and that you will no longer support him.